Mama

My Mama went to heaven in 2008... I still have conversations with her in my head, I catch myself picking up the phone to call and tell her something, I miss our talks, our shopping trips, our giggling and silliness. My Mama was my best friend and I won't ever stop missing her... so I talk to her through this blog... hey it helps me!

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Another Tuesday Comes and Goes



Dear Mama,

I know I was the one who told them all off, and I was the one who didn't answer the phone when Jeff called a couple Fridays ago, but I was still raw and emotional and had already dealt with Kevin texting me to death with his ranting and raving and rudeness. I had already dealt with Beth's texts about how she is NEVER unselfish and would never hurt me and is sorry she's no more than my bratty little sister... I just didn't want to talk that evening... plus I really was asleep. I had been to the chiropractor that morning and he had relieved so much of the stress I had been holding all week, so when I got home, I just lay down and took a nap... and slept for like four hours! It was such a relaxed, restful sleep! If I had been awake, I would have answered the phone...

But now, three Tuesdays have come and gone, and Jeff has yet to call... I watch the clock, it's usually just after 9 when he calls... by 9:30 I can be pretty sure he won't... I wait... tense, afraid he will call, afraid he won't...

I don't know what I'd say to him anyway... or what he might say to me... they weren't intentionally rude or mean... just cold, distant, and indifferent... and it hurt... and I don't know how to get over it.

Anyhow... the job is going great, I love working there at the paper, gaining more and more responsibility, and more and more experience, love the freedom of creativity they give me...

And my hubby and I are doing great... he has some health issues we are dealing with but we're getting there and our relationship is very very close... you'd be happy to know how happy we are... we actually were able to take a walk around the neighborhood last night since the evenings are beginning to get a little cooler, even though the days are still in the 90s! Almost the end of September!

And speaking of the end of September, Kaila is giving Caleb a surprise birthday party this Saturday... gotta get his favorite Reeses Cake made this week to take up there...

I miss you Mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment