Mama

My Mama went to heaven in 2008... I still have conversations with her in my head, I catch myself picking up the phone to call and tell her something, I miss our talks, our shopping trips, our giggling and silliness. My Mama was my best friend and I won't ever stop missing her... so I talk to her through this blog... hey it helps me!

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Charleston and the Wedding

Dear Mama,

We drove down to Charleston yesterday to attend Kristy and Chris's wedding and to deliver the cake.


It turned out pretty don't you think?
The bottom tier has a lemon curd filling and the top two have raspberry cream cheese. The frosting is buttercream with turbinado (raw) sugar sprinkled around to look like sand. I made the candy seashells using candy melts in some shell molds I found at Michael's. It was tasty as well as beautiful.

The wedding was small, very romantic and sweet. Kristy made a beautiful bride, she wore a flowing long white dress, very simple, like a floaty sundress with spaghetti straps, her hair was up in a curls at the nape of her neck... she looked so pretty and happy. Madi and Macie were her bridesmaids, they wore sort of teal greeny/blue short dresses with straps, again simple but elegant. Chris, his brother Anthony, and Taylor and Tyler all wore khaki linen pants and creamy linen shirts... Chris's shirt was white, while the guys shirts were more off white. Everybody was barefoot... we all stood on the beach at Folly Beach near Charleston as the sun set for the sweet ceremony. They had a guitarist to play the wedding march and a couple songs during the ceremony. Jordan and Heather photographed it all... Jordan is getting to be quite the photographer!

After the wedding, we had barbecue and fixings in the house they had rented on the beach. Marcia did most of the cooking... I think Brad made the barbecue and Sabrina helped with the cooking. It was small and intimate, less than 20 people there, but so perfect. We stayed and visited for a few hours before heading back home to Columbia.

You would have enjoyed it, Mama.

I miss you Mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment